CHILDREN COPE WITH DIVORCE©
This is a nationally acclaimed Parent Seminar developed by Families First of Atlanta, Georgia. The Parent Seminar is designed to help minimize the negative impact of divorce on children at a time when parents are naturally preoccupied with their own adjustments. Recognizing that their joint roles as parents will continue to exist, the seminar helps parents begin to restructure their relationship and make appropriate plans for their children.
- More than 1 million children are affected by divorce every year
- 70% of divorced parents fail to build a cooperative post-divorce relationship
- Children of divorce are 2-3 times more likely to present with emotional and behavioral problems
- There are over 14,000 divorces each year in Connecticut
What is covered in the Parent Seminar
- Developmental stages of children and how their needs relate to their ability to cope
- Behavior children may exhibit and how to deal with these behaviors
- Symptoms that may reflect difficulty in adjustment
- Role playing and demonstrations showing parental responses
- Community Resources
Who should Participate
This group is available to any parent who is in the process of divorce or who is referred by the court. The group is open to parents from any town in the state of Connecticut.
The cost to parents is $125. The fee is payable in advance and will cover all costs including meetings and workbooks.
Waived fees will be accepted.
At the conclusion of the seminar, we will provide you with a written statement certifying that you have successfully completed the seminar.
If you would like more information about the Parent Education Classes or to participate, please contact Diane Petersen.
Phone: (860) 643-2101
For current Class Schedule, please visit our Events Calendar