Intensive In-Home Child and Adolescent Services address the comprehensive needs of children with serious psychiatric disorders to enable them to stay in their homes and communities. IICAPS requires a working partnership between the child, the family, and the treatment team for up to six months. Services can vary in intensity depending upon the needs of the individual child and family. Hours are flexible and responsive to the family’s daily routine.
- Stabilization and maintenance of children with serious mental health disorders in their homes and communities
- Prevention of hospitalization through crisis intervention
- Identification of factors interfering with the child and family’s use of traditional outpatient services
- Improvement of quality of fit between child and family to optimize developmental progress
- Comprehensive assessments
- Psychological and psychiatric evaluation
- Development and implementation of a comprehensive treatment plan
- Time limited individual, family, and couples psychotherapy
- School consultation
- Parent guidance and training in behavioral management techniques
- Clinically informed case management and case coordination
- Multi-systems collaboration and coordination
- Culturally competent intervention
If you believe this program would be a good fit for your child, print and complete the IICAPS referral form (Click To Download). Once completed, the form MUST be faxed to the director at (860) 645-1470.
If you would like more information about IICAPS, please contact our Director of Community and Home-Based services, Robin Entress, LCSW.
Phone: (860) 643-2101