We serve children ages 3-15 years of age of varying academic levels, learning abilities, and behavioral and emotional issues that may impede their ability to learn. A great advantage to our program is the individual attention and stability our children receive due to the small class sizes and high staff to student ratio; currently about 2:1.
The Community Child Guidance Clinic School is committed to providing curriculum aligned with the Common Core State Standards in all areas. Teachers utilize a differentiated, leveled reading program. We also use a literacy program based on phonological-coding principles. Our reading instruction directly and systematically teaches the structure of the English language. Our math curriculum is a spiraling curriculum approach that facilitates learning concepts for long-term retention.
Below are some of the resources and strategies available to our students –
- State of the Art interactive technology
- Lessons that are hands on, and engaging
- Learning is collaborative and interactive
- Small group presentations
Promoting Positive Behaviors in our Students
All staff is continually trained in nonviolent crisis intervention. They use specialized de-escalation strategies that ensure the care, welfare, safety, and security of all students. Student’s behaviors are monitored and rated on five target behaviors every 30 minutes. They earn points for demonstrating positive behaviors that can be tallied and used in our token economy. Daily point sheets are an effective method for communicating with parents and tracking behaviors for school districts.
Specialized Services Offered
- 45 Day Diagnostic Placement
- Extended School Year
- On-site Child Psychiatrists
- Individual, Family Therapy, and Case Management services provided to each student by a clinician.
- Speech and Language Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Positive behavior supports based on Scientific Research-Based Interventions (SRBI)
Click the link below to access our school calendar!
If you would like more information about our school, please contact our Director of Education, Laura O’Donnell, MA, CAGS.
Phone: (860) 646-0502