Speech and Language Pathologist
Seeking 1 full-time employee for this year-round position with benefits
Description: Responsible for organizing and implementing therapy programs to meet the needs of speech, language and hearing –impaired students.
Education Level Required: Master in Speech and Language Pathology
Licensure or certification: Speech Pathology Certificate of Clinical Competence
Experience Requirements: 3-5 years
- Working in coordination with teachers in planning and development of therapy programs.
- Draft goals and objectives related to indicated therapy.
- Preparing educational plans annually for each student based on individually assessed needs.
- Preparing therapy plans for each student.
- Conducting speech and language screening.
- Participating in the in-school staffing.
- Participating in evaluation teams for speech, language and hearing impaired students as appropriate.
- Screening for hearing, annually.
- Providing speech and/or hearing screening tests for all students referred by the in-school staffing committee.
- Providing diagnostic/evaluation testing for students failing speech screening as per PPT recommendations.
- Cooperating with school personnel in coordinating speech and language services.
- Conferring with the classroom teacher concerning any educational needs of the student.
- Making available to teachers instructional ideas that are appropriate for exceptional students within the classroom situation.
- Ensuring that each student in the program has necessary evaluation records in his/her permanent file.
- Completing progress reports on each student in the program
- Supplying progress reports to school personnel and to parents of exceptional students as necessary and requested.
- Referring students who require further evaluation or follow-up services to the appropriate school personnel or community agencies.
Interested in this position? Click here to apply!
(You can also get in touch using the contact information at the bottom of this page)